Google

Sunday, November 9, 2008

SMART seminar 2008 - day 2 review


Its just past Day 2 of the Malaysia SMART seminar 2008 .

Honestly, feeling kinda tired of being marketed at.
Although I had gone to this event knowing that there would be offers after each speaker speaks..yet..its just way too much!

The day started with presentation by Donna Fox on marketing to women. Then offers for participants as usual.
Next up was Simon Leung, talking on the secrets he learnt from google, since he worked for google last time..
Then, a very tempting offer was made.

Lunch break, we went to a Thai restaurant at the Lower ground level of Midvalley.
I didn't bother trying to network with the speakers.
Was just talking to the participants seating near me.
(I was already feeling that its kinda wasted that I paid RM699 , coz even though upgraded as Platinum member meaning lunches with speakers... but I wasn't in the mood to network anymore. Was just so tired of being marketed at).

Imagine how would your day be like meeting insurance agent, MLM people, unit trust people, toys salesmen, all within a span of 8 hours... wont you just get tired of all the sales talk? especially since I am not in the shopping / buying mood, and don't wanna fork out more money.

After lunch, it was a talk by Mark on product creation...and more offers.













Last for the day was Lee and Robins, talking about hybrid marketing.
and the most expensive offer to date.

The funny thing was that, when I was walking out of the hall after the day ends, some of the participants were actually quite turned off with the joking and fooling around style of Lee and Robin.
Apparently the uncles are pissed that they don't seem professional and serious in their presentation.
As for me..I had no feeling already by then... I was just so hungry and looking forward to leave.



Then went out for mamak session with some of the SMART seminar participants.
Had a good time getting to know the people and so now I've found a new group for discussions and masterminding.

Trow is last day of SMART Seminar 2008...we'll see how it goes..



1 comment:

  1. Boy, do I feel for you. I guess marketing is in their genetic makeup, they just can't stop themselves.

    I finally started hanging out in IMC corner at cyberwang. Do drop by - Adrian Lee -

    ReplyDelete